The main advantages of ZET® modular tiles include:
- high stamping with Z-type ribs (patented solution) making the tile visually similar to traditional ceramic tiles
- no screws on ribs’ surface (the Z-type ribs act as a lock, so the sheets do not require joining). This solution significantly reduces average consumption of screws
- HERCULIT® dedicated organic coating (35 microns) that provides high resistance to scratches and other mechanical damage, as well as full compliance of colours and surface textures;
- the Z-type rib creating deep shadows between modules. This makes the roof’s form uniquely dynamic in all lighting conditions. Moreover, screws and horizontal joints between sheets become less visible
- symmetry makes it possible to install in any direction. Symmetrical sheets makes it possible to stagger them, i.e. offset individual rows of sheets
- modular form and compact size allowing for effective transport solutions, warehouse management and construction organisation
- dedicated system of accessories and fixtures that complements the well-planned roofing system.
Modularity - size
Compared to classic steel roofing, the compact size of ZET® modular tiles results in significant improvements in terms of transport, assembly and waste management. Their modular form makes quick and effective installation possible, while vastly limiting the accompanying costs.
Vertical Z-type ribbing
ZET® modular tiles are distinguished by their ribbing (legally protected solution). Traditional metal tiles are embossed at the right angle to the module’s surface. ZET® modular tiles use a more advanced solution: the cross-section of two modules and the ribbing between them form a Z-shape, while the ribbing itself is at the sharp angle to the surface of the lower module.
This profile design brings a number of benefits:
- practicality: quicker and easier installation, eliminating the need for screws on the surface of ribbing (snap-lock function),
- aesthetics: no screws on the surface of ribbing and a smaller number of screws on the roof slope. The joint between three sheets becomes less visible, Moreover, Z-type ribbing create deep shadows that mask any screws and horizontal joints, making the roof more striking and similar to traditional ceramic tiles,
- safety: dripping water flows around the horizontal joints.
Z-type ribbing becomes a snap lock when joining sheets. This eliminates the need for joining the sheets in ribs. This enhances installation safety and speed, as well as the aesthetics of the roof by reducing the number of visible screws.
ZET® modular tiles are delivered on non-returnable pallets. No special transport is required for delivery purposes. A single pallet contains 264 sheets, or 212.5 m2 of roof surface. Lightweight modules make it easy to transport the tiles to installation site (e.g. by stairs) by one person and without any advanced lifting equipment.
Due to their design (Z-type ribbing), the sheets should not be taken from the pile by lifting them.
Before lifting the sheet, gently push it forward a few centimetres in order to avoid damaging the sheet below, as illustrated.
ZET® modular tiles are symmetrical, so they can be installed in any direction, the overlap may be on the left or on the right. The direction can be motivated e.g. by aesthetics.
Ridge beams should be spaced every 350 mm.
ZET® modular tiles should be staggered, i.e. individual rows of sheets should be offset relative to each other. This solution is provided by the symmetrical design of the sheets. One advantage of such arrangement is the lack of contact points between four sheets. Moreover, longitudinal joints are staggered, thus enhancing the aesthetics.
More detailed information concerning the installation can be found in the installation manual available in “Downloads”.
- do not use tools that may cause thermal effects (such as angle grinders) when installing the tiles,
- remain especially vigilant when walking on the roof (put your feet in the ridges and use only clean footwear with soft soles),
- protect any damages and scratches on the organic coating using primer paints.
Coatings and colours
It is a coating developed in close cooperation with a leading manufacturer of varnishes for the best steel mills in Europe. Longterm research of the previously used coatings and monitoring of customer needs, with particular attention to the demands of the roofers, helped us to combine so many different advantages in one product. HERCULIT® is a polyurethane-hardened polyester, with great resistance to all kinds of mechanical damage, and a thickness of 35 μm. It also retains high colour repeatability to provide consistent coating colour and structure.
Warranty period: 40 years,
for ZET® 55 years*
*Guarantee card specifies detailed terms of the guarantee
Steel sheets double-side coated with a metallic zinc layer, anticorrosion coat and single-sided with an organic decorative coating. Their advantages include high resistance to mechanical damage and corrosion, excellent formability and high aesthetic qualities. This sheet metal is coated with a mat organic layer with a gritty texture and a 35 μm thickness, available in 9 colours, with the option to provide colours from outside of the basic colour chart.
Warranty period: 15 years,
for ZET® 30 years*
*Guarantee card specifies detailed terms of the guarante
Roofing membranes are used as the base coating level beneath the inclined roofing. They prevent the wind from pushing rain and snow through to the thermal insulation and the roof construction. They protect from condensation forming under the base roofing. In addition, owing to their high vapour permeability, they keep the roof dry, which significantly decreases energy consumption.
SHEET METAL WORKING
Ridge tiles and roof work are an inherent element of every properly executed roof covering. They provide protection against trickling and blowing and, simultaneously, they add an aesthetic value to the appearance of the roof.
The Profi Line roof work is a specially designed silicone mix, intended for the making of flexible joints between sheets, roof work, gutters etc. They come in the standard, universal colours: colourless, brown and red. They are recommended by experts.
This is a self-adhesive, bituminous tape, intended for the sealing and quick repairs of roofs, balconies, terraces and facades. It is made of a water-proof material, resistant to tearing, weather conditions and UV radiation. It is adhesive to most surfaces.
FLAT METAL SHEETS
BLACHPROFIL 2® provides low- and high-processed steel material, used in the manufacture of a variety of products. We have a line for the cutting and splitting of flat metal sheets, as well as for recoiling steel coils.
STEEL GUTTER SYSTEM INGURI®
INGURI® 125/87 AND 150/100 STEEL GUTTER SYSTEM
Application of a right gutter system allows for effective water discharge from roofing, which is vital for its durability and functionality. It also protects the building’s facade from damages caused by moisture.
Touch-up paints are used to protect cut edges and any possible damages to the surface coating when installing. In addition to the protective function, they help to maintain the aesthetics of the roof in top shape.